The Newswomen’s Club of New York is currently accepting submissions for its 2018 Spring Photography Show and Auction.
This year’s event will be held on Wednesday, May 16, at the Ukrainian Institute of America. This arts and cultural institute occupies a beautiful mansion opposite Central Park and provides the perfect setting for the Newswomen’s Club’s showcase of photography. It is an invitation only cocktail reception, show and auction that attracts on average 300 guests each year.
Donated images are for one-time use only, photographers retain their copyrights, credits are given on the images, and credits and bios are printed in the program. The Newswomen’s Club prints and mats all photographs at no cost to contributors.
The Newswomen’s Club, which is celebrating its 95th year of serving our industry, fulfills part of its mission by promoting the work of great news photographers and photojournalists. Proceeds of the auction help to cover costs of programs the Club runs for journalists throughout the year.
- Please submit digital versions of photographs for the committee’s consideration no later than March 31
- Images should be 300 dpi with the highest resolution possible, at least 6mb for 11x14
- Color or black and white images are accepted.
- Subject matter can vary from big news events to city scenes to nature to art shots, from anywhere in the world.
- Each submission should include the photographer’s name, a short biography, a link to a portfolio if the photographer has one, the date of the work, the proposed title, a coherent caption and any other relevant information.
- There is no limit on the number of submissions.
- Photographers may do their own printing and matting if they prefer. Otherwise, the Newswomen’s Club will print and mat.
- Selections will be made by mid April.