The Newswomen’s Club of New York is currently accepting submissions for its 2019 Spring Photography Show and Auction.
This year’s event will be held on Wednesday, May 15, at the Ukrainian Institute of America. This arts and cultural institute occupies a beautiful mansion opposite Central Park and provides the perfect setting for the Newswomen’s Club’s showcase of photography, curated by our Photo Auction Committee. It is an invitation-only cocktail reception, show, and silent auction that attracts on average 300 guests each year.
Donated images are for one-time use only. Photographers retain their copyrights, credits are given on the images, and credits and bios are printed in the program. The Newswomen’s Club prints and mats all photographs at no cost to contributors.
The Newswomen’s Club, which is celebrating its 97th year of serving our industry, fulfills part of its mission by promoting the work of great news photographers and photojournalists. Proceeds of the auction help to cover costs of programs the Club runs for journalists throughout the year.
- Please submit digital versions of photographs for the committee’s consideration no later than Monday, April 15.
- Images should be 300 dpi with the highest resolution possible, at least 6MB for an 11x14 print
- Color or black and white images are accepted.
- Subject matter can vary from big news events to city scenes to nature to art shots, from anywhere in the world.
- Each submission should include the photographer’s name, a short biography, a link to a portfolio if the photographer has one, the date of the work, the proposed title, a coherent caption and any other relevant information.
- Please do not submit more than 5 photographs.
- Photographers may do their own printing and matting if they prefer. Otherwise, the Newswomen’s Club will print and mat.
- Selections will be made in mid-April by our Photo Auction Committee, which composed of members of the Newswomen's Club. Please note that not all submitted photographs will be included in the auction.
Please note: You do not have to be a member of the club (or a woman) to share your images to support this fantastic organization. All are welcome to submit. If you have any questions or would like to request an invitation to the event, please contact email@example.com.